SyncX

Patriots fan dies after being hit 'in the face' by Dolphins fan at Gillette Stadium: witness The Tal

The New Hampshire father of two who died after an incident at Gillette Stadium throughout the New England Patriots recreation on Sunday was punched in the face and knocked unconscious by a Miami Dolphins fan, in response to a witness.

Watch Video

Dale Mooney, 53, was handled at the scene by paramedics and rushed to hospital after what was described as an “apparent medical event” however was pronounced lifeless shortly earlier than midnight.

A spectator has now claimed to have witnessed a bodily altercation between Mooney and a Dolphins fan.

“Dolphins fan walks up and clearly punches him in the face,” Joey Kilmartin, of Nashua, New Hampshire, says MassLive. “(He) gets eliminated and you can tell right away he’s not doing well.”

Kilmartin instructed the outlet that Mooney additionally received right into a bodily confrontation with different followers close to the finish of the fourth quarter.

He stated Mooney by no means regained consciousness after being punched and that paramedics carried out CPR on him earlier than dashing him to Sturdy Memorial Hospital in Attleboro.

“It’s an unfortunate situation. I feel bad for the family,” stated Kilmartin, who described the incident to Foxborough police.

He supplied video of the incident to WCVB, which printed footage from the clip displaying Mooney having his shirt eliminated.

The footage reveals Mooney approaching different followers on the 300 stage of the stadium.

“He basically grabbed another fan,” Kilmartin told WCVB. “They began combating for a couple of minutes. At one level one other fan arrived. He hit him…and the man got here out. It was fairly troublesome to observe.

Mooney’s spouse, Lisa, stated she felt “numb” and was trying to find solutions about the tragedy.

“I wish to know what occurred. What precipitated this? she instructed WCVB. “I simply don’t perceive why folks need to go to this excessive. Why cannot it simply be enjoyable? It’s every thing it is purported to be: a enjoyable household occasion.

Lisa stated her husband – a father of two and a season ticket holder for 30 years – went to the match with three associates who instructed him they’d been taunted by different followers.

“It takes a lot to make him angry.” He has the endurance of a saint. I don’t know what occurred,” Lisa instructed the outlet, including that her husband had no well being issues that she knew of.

No costs have been filed, though Kilmartin instructed MassLive he noticed cops arrest a person.

Massachusetts State Police assigned to the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office have been assigned the investigation.

Autopsy outcomes are pending.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGinmqyinry1v4yfmKdllJ6ytHnAn6ueql2Xsqq6xmafoqxdnrtuwMeeZJ%2BZk5p6o8WMnaalqJieu7R5xZqlZpmkYrSquMueq62dXajBorDIrqRmr5mpu6a%2F0mg%3D

Brenda Moya

Update: 2024-05-07